The warm weather brings high temperatures, longer days and cracked pavements! Yup, you read it right. Summer can destroy your driveways and force you to hire asphalt paving contractors. Many novice paving contractors go from one door to another seeking for orders. If you are careful with asphalt companies in Michigan, you may go bankrupt. If you want to repair or re-do your asphalt driveway, here are few tips to help you! Factors to Remember In the past two years, there are more than 400 complaints about asphalt companies in Michigan. There are 110,000 inquiries about paving contractors around the country. Locally, BBB records nearly 2000 inquiries about asphalt paving contractors. This is why you should be very careful while choosing asphalt companies in Michigan.
- You must be very careful with the company's reputation and total years of service. It would be wise to pick someone with several years (or maybe decades) of service. Companies with years of experience can accomplish a better (durable) job.
- You should shop around for as many quotes as possible. Never settle for asphalt companies in Michigan with the lowest bids. Always opt for companies with sensible quotations. Make sure the company does not have any hidden charges.
- Talk to your dear ones about asphalt companies. If your family members and friends are happy with an asphalt company, you should hire them!
- Before you finalize on an asphalt company, you must visit the contractor's works. You must inspect the company's previous job. This is one of the finest and simplest ways of understanding the asphalt contractor's expertise.
- Before your asphalt company starts work, you should get a written document. The contract should carry all details of the work to be done! Never sign contracts with empty sheets. All verbal promises should be worded. Make sure guarantees and warranties are documented in the contract.
- You must not pay asphalt contractors up-front. Trustworthy and legitimate asphalt companies don't work this way. They take credit cards and checks. (Very rarely do asphalt companies as for cash).
- Never hire asphalt companies that ask you to get permits. That is because insured, bonded and insured companies take care of all the
On the whole, you should be wary of asphalt companies that go door-to-door. They may tell you many things about your driveway. Remember that you don't have to trust them completely!